19 April 2006

My Friend Flicka


No, I did not get a horse, but yes, I have a new friend. He has no name, but he's the handsomest bugger you ever did see.

It was merely by chance that kitty came into my life. As I like to tell it, a friend of a friend of a friend found this little baby kitty wandering around the lonely streets of Tacompton. They tried to find his mommy or where he came from but to no avail. Finally it was decided that the friend of the friend (who has nine brothers and sisters and seven chinchilas) could not keep the kitty, and if nothing was done with it before the next morning they would simply put him back where they found him. Enter my brilliant friend Meemee who thinks to call me, lover of all animals and future crazy cat lady. She knows that I will take the kitty in without hesitation and of course I do.

I was beside myself, not really sure what to do with him. My original plan was to take him to the humane society the following morning before any bonds were forged betwixt us, but that obviously didn't happen. When I discoved that the humane society in fact does NOT employ a no-kill policy, that became out of the question. Instead, I devoted myself to finding someone who would love and care for kitty unconditionally. Though the offers were slow coming, I finally found two very willing and capable souls. Unfortunately, there haven't the time nor space to care for the kitty, so he is temporarily in my care.

The more I'm with him, the more he grows on me. I think I'm in love. I'm doomed (and somewhat pathetic and obviously man-less and single.)

No comments: