03 March 2006

I keep on fallin'...literally



Oh how time flies. Just last weekend I was relaxing in the hot tub at Auntie Joanie's house in Portland, and today I'm taking my memory midterm and nursing my physical and emotional wounds at Debbie's house, the new home of my old tv. Let me take a few steps back.

Many of my nights this week were spent at Debbie's house on the air mattress, because I needed to escape the bad karma that besieges my apartment. Once upon a time my apartment was a happy, jolly place where we were safe and could escape the pressures of school and life. But alas, this is no more. Now there is just an apartment that is a shell of its former gay and carefree self. Sigh.

Speaking of gay, I had my first private voice lesson with James. I'm not really sure how it went though. He seemed really jolly and happy to be working with me, but I swear I saw him flinch every time my voice broke on the high notes. Anyway, he's an awesome teacher and even though there's only two months left (!) I think it will be time well spent. More than improving my voice, my main objective is to bond to him. Then maybe I can work on Jonathan (Stockdale) and we can all become best girlfriends. Oh, a girl can dream, can't she?

The original point of my post was to talk about two unusual things that happened to me in the last 24 hours:

1) I got a talking-to in class today. Wallace Weston, you are forever on my bad side. Okay, so this guy is always making terrible jokes and most of the time I'm half listening, but today I was trying to study for my memory exam. I noticed him say something about "noisy" and look at me. I smiled at him, thinking he made some dumb joke again. And then two minutes later he said, "That really needs to stop. It's very distracting and it needs to wait until after class." Then I realized he was talking about the pastry I was eating from a paper bag. As if I was the first person to ever eat a pastry in his class. That pisses me the hell off!!

2) Last night Debbie and I were in search of the perfect ice cream. We stopped by Safeway and they didn't have B&Js on sale so I bought us some "buy one, get one free" roses (such a good deal!). Yellow with orange tips for Debbie and whitish with pink tips for me. Yeah, so we decided to check Albertson's to see if any of the ice cream was on sale. It was coldish and deserted-ish and late-ish, so Debbie started to run for the store. Stupid me, I started to run after her. Well, can you guess what happened? I blame the flip flops! Needless to say, I'm really super glad no one else was around, and I have two scraped knees, a cut foot and two raw hands to show for my raging desire to eat ice cream while I studied for memory.

Oh my life! There should be a law against my level of specialness.

No comments: